We use technology to innovate on everything from our customer facing automated valuation model to the tools our team uses internally.
We believe every UK homeowner should have access to an accurate and honest valuation of their property in a matter of seconds and let them sell it in a matter of clicks. Looking to build new products from scratch? Want to solve unique, technically complex problems? Then this could be the place for you . Become part of our early engineering team and help shape our team, practices, product and culture from the very beginning.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Working as part of an Agile engineering team that embraces collaborative working
- Develop tools to support our internal operations team to drive operational efficiency
- Working closely with our design team (Matt - Product manager and Sean - Designer) to implement a modern and high quality front end experience
- Dabbling in new tech to help push the boundaries of what we’re building
- Working with these fine folk to help build a world class team
We think you’ll probably:
- Be passionate about technology and have experience of building products for the web ideally using Ruby (previous Ruby experience is desirable but not essential, we’re sure you’ll pick it up quickly)
- Have a keen eye for details and care deeply about building reliable and well-tested systems
- Want to work in an early stage start-up environment
- Passion (verging on obsession) for making things more efficient and driving automation
- Be curious and passionate about troubleshooting, actively seeking out problems and then solving them
Things which would be useful, but not required:
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience as part of an engineering team at a fast growing company.
- Active on open source projects
Got any questions? Want to know more about the role or team before hitting that red of blue button at the bottom of the page? Get in touch with Phil (CTO) directly by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)