CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
As we scale the business, we are looking for a world class CFO to join our management team, reporting to the CEO. The CFO will act as a genuine partner to the CEO and wider executive team enabling the Board to make strategic and commercial decisions based upon sound financial assumptions and ultimately have the horsepower to really scale a business all the way through to what should be a landmark exit.
This will include leading Treasury, Corporate Finance, Investor Relations, BI and general financial management. Given the nature of the business, the CFO will have a strong focus on managing capital liquidity, investments, and risk management, as well as forecasting cash flow positions, borrowing needs, and funds available for investment. The CFO will also be responsible for creating and managing a best in class Treasury function.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
The CFO will:
- Play a key role in the leadership of the business, contributing to strategy, managing the finance function through
rapid expansion and developing an ambitious finance team
- Play an integral role in developing executional plans in line with the businesses' vision
- Bring a strong financial perspective to strategic plans, including impacts on cash, growth and profitability
- Be responsible for translating these strategic plans into a financial plan and managing delivery against it,
including budgeting, variance analysis and cash control
- Be a strong leader and coach the finance team based in London, ensuring the strong talent within it develops and grows with the business
- Direct the operations of the finance team, including planning, budgeting, forecasting, cashflow, tax, treasury and transfer pricing
- Ensure that the finance function has robust processes that are able to scale as the business grows, producing
timely, accurate financial information and disciplined financial controls
- Lead all aspects of Corporate Finance, including debt or equity fundraising and a potential exit
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience operating within a growth, VC funded fintech business (ideally consumer lending) where you have had strong exposure to to either debt or equity fundraising.
- Have built and upskilled a finance team with a strong Treasury function.
- Operated in a Financial/regulated services environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Have a high attention to detail allied to the ability to contribute strategically.
- Be commercially astute and can quickly assess business priorities and opportunities
- Have a dynamic attitude with high energy and drive
- Bring strong intellectual horsepower and curiosity
- Be a completer finisher
- Have a high degree of presence and personal gravitas in order to liaise with and to influence world class investors and management
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process