We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing an advance for people’s homes. Therefore valuing accurately and fairly is core to our company’s success and growth potential.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
Your goal will be to manage a team of Valuation Analysts to provide new customers with the most fair and transparent valuation and advance for their home. Specific tasks will include:
- Help define our approach to risk and underwriting
- Be responsible for the accuracy of your team's valuation output
- Help evolve the Nested valuation methodology and process to be the leading valuation team in London
- Hire and train new members of the valuation team
- Manage a team of high performing Valuation Analysts
- Lead the analysis and research of macro residential property trends
- Work with the engineering team to create tools to improve the valuation process and cut down the lead time between an inbound valuation and making a customer an advance offer
- Have an influence in the decisions of how to improve our fast growing company, including significant contributions to the operations process going forwards
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class team
As an early recruit in this fast growing start up you will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business from selling properties to important strategic decisions.
We think you’ll probably:
- Have experience managing a high performing team
- Have experience in valuing residential property, ideally in London
- Have experience using best in practice property valuation techniques
- Be able to demonstrate a passion and intuition for property
- Be able to show strong analytical skills
- Want to work in a high growth, fun and collaborative start-up environment. This requires the desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Salary range: £50-70k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.