Head of Business Operations
Head of Business Operations
As our Head of Business Operations you will work closely with the CEO, COO, and other executive team members to drive and enable growth, focusing on our most important operational and strategic problems. You will work across the organisation and may design new processes to help scale our teams, analyse which cities to launch into after London or help launch new products.
We are looking for someone who can further shape the role of Business Operations and build out a team that delivers intellect and execution capabilities throughout the business where it is needed.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
As Head of the team you will be responsible for hiring and developing your team, acting as an enabler and creating leverage. We currently believe the best setup is for your team members to work autonomously on projects with the relevant executives.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be a thought partner for the team (currently Sam)
- Be an ambassador for Business Operations at Nested and judge where your team can best add value
You will also work on your own projects, where you will:
- Lead operational projects that help other teams work effectively and efficiently, with a particular eye for improving processes as we scale
- Design and manage the business and operational processes that make Nested tick
- Support strategic decisions by identifying and performing analyses to make the right growth choices
- Identify, implement and incubate new opportunities that grow the business
- Incubate new teams whilst they are nascent
We think you’ll probably:
- Have 5+ years experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role, either with leading consultancies or rapidly growing companies (even better if you have both!)
- Have experience in leading and managing a team of outstanding individuals
- Excel in tackling problems, analysing data and thinking from first principles
- Work comfortably with a wide range of people and deal with many stakeholders
- Have a bias towards execution, implementation and work with a process-oriented mindset
- Be a natural communicator, and structure complex ideas in a simple way
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Have a passion for property (e.g. have bought your own property or follow real estate markets)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: £80-120k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process