Looking for an exciting opportunity to influence the development and deployment platform of a quickly growing start-up?
Become part of our early technical operations team and help shape our team, practices, platform and culture from the very beginning.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
- Work as part of an agile engineering team that embraces collaborative working.
- Develop and support our core hosting platform based on Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI and more.
- Develop tooling for enhancing our developers lives and happiness.
- Work on reporting and alerting metrics via dashboards etc.
- Dabble in new tech to help push the boundaries of what we’re building.
- Get in at the early stages of our move to container based deployments.
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class team
Interested in learning more about our tech stack? Rather than clutter up this job spec, check out what we use here on https://stackshare.io/nested
We think you’ll probably:
- Be passionate about technology and have experience in working with cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Have a passion (verging on obsession) for making things more efficient and driving automation.
- Have a keen eye for details and care deeply about building reliable and well-tested and monitored systems.
- Be curious and passionate about troubleshooting, actively seeking out problems and then solving them.
- Want to work in an early stage start-up environment.
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Have an understanding of Agile principles.
- Have been a part of an operations or engineering team at a fast growing company.
- Have experience in running and working with a Kubernetes platform.
- Be familiar with managing a monitoring/alerting platform.
- Have used Terraform to manage cloud infrastructure.
- Have experience with Linux system administration.
- Have experience in scripting/programming language (i.e. bash, ruby, python) for automating repetitive tasks and building our tooling.
- Active on open source projects.
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: £60-80k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process