Looking for an exciting opportunity to influence the development and deployment platform of a quickly growing start-up?
Become part of our technical operations team and help shape our practices, platform and culture from the very beginning.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems unfair that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both, having raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before, we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for people, excited to build something that matters.
- Work as part of an agile engineering team that embraces collaborative working.
- Develop and support our core hosting platform based on Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI and more.
- Develop tooling for enhancing our developers lives and happiness.
- Work on reporting and alerting metrics via dashboards etc.
- Dabble in new tech to help push the boundaries of what we’re building.
- Get in at the early stages of our move to container based deployments.
- Work with these fine folk to help build a great team
Interested in learning more about our tech stack? Rather than clutter up this job spec, check out what we use here on https://stackshare.io/nested
We think you’ll probably:
- Have experience in working with cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Enjoy making things more efficient and driving automation.
- Have experience in scripting/programming language(s) (i.e. bash, ruby, python) for automating repetitive tasks and building out tooling.
- Have a keen eye for details and care about building reliable, well-tested and monitored systems.
- Be experienced in troubleshooting, actively seeking out problems and then solving them.
- Want to work in an early stage start-up.
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Have been a part of an operations or engineering team at a fast growing company.
- Have experience in running and working with a Kubernetes platform.
- Have used Terraform to manage cloud infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of Agile principles.
- Be familiar with managing a monitoring/alerting platform.
- Have experience with Linux system administration.
- Active on open source projects.
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We care about them deeply and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.