Head of Operations
Head of Operations
Nested is one of the UK’s fastest growing startups. New instructions grew by ~10x during 2017 and we plan to do the same in 2018. The Head of Operations will be responsible for optimising the processes of our agency function to achieve best in class outcomes (sale price, sale time and experience) for our sellers while scaling the team by ~7x over the next 12 months.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
You will report directly to the COO and be responsible for home sale process from listing to completion. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for managing the agency and progression functions at Nested
- Implement processes and systems to deliver consistently excellent results
- Train managers and team members to provide a best in class service
- Manage and scale the operations team rapidly
- Refine KPIs and reporting
- Work with the development team to build tools to improve efficiency and accuracy
We think you’ll probably:
- Have a natural inclination to identify and fix broken processes
- Have an impressive attention to detail and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementing best practice processes
- Have experience leading and scaling an operationally intensive team
- Care deeply about providing exceptional customer service
- Have a passion for property
- Be able to adapt quickly in a fast growing startup
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Experience in residential property
- Experience scaling a team in a fast growth startup
- Have lived in London
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: £80-120k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process