Head of Sales
Head of Sales
Nested is one of the UK’s fastest growing startups. New instructions grew by ~10x in 2017 and we plan to do the same in 2018. The Head of Sales will be responsible for delivering this growth, whilst ensuring we are ready to scale further in 2019 (and beyond).
Who we are
We’re a bold team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems unfair that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for extraordinary people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
You will be responsible for winning new instructions, whilst ensuring that everyone who interacts with Nested receives a best in class experience. You will report to the Head of Commercial and work closely with the Head of Portfolio Sales to optimise the end to end customer journey. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for managing two of our sales teams at Nested: our qualification team and relationship management team
- Hit and exceed instruction targets
- Work with the Head of Underwriting and Head of Portfolio Sales to ensure we are instructing the right properties
- Train and coach managers and teams to provide a best in class service
- Implement and continually refine best practice
- Rapidly scale the team and optimise team structure
- Refine KPIs and use effectively to drive performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading and scaling a sales team in a fast growing start up
- A track record in delivering against both short and long term targets
- Care deeply about providing excellent customer service
- A passion for developing others (experience developing managers is preferable)
- A data driven approach
- A clear understanding of how to design and implement a best in class sales process
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Have a passion for property (e.g. have bought your own property or follow real estate markets)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: £80-100k OTE + Share Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.