Head of Sales
Head of Sales
Nested is one of the UK’s fastest growing startups. New instructions grew by ~10x in 2017 and we plan to do the same in 2018. The Head of Sales will be responsible for delivering this growth, whilst ensuring we are ready to scale further in 2019 (and beyond).
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for exceptional people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
You will be responsible for delivering against ambitious instruction targets, whilst providing an outstanding experience to all prospective customers. You will report to the COO (James) and will work closely with the Head of Portfolio Sales to optimise the end to end customer journey. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading two of our sales teams at Nested: our qualification team and relationship management team
- Taking ownership of, and delivering upon, agreed targets
- Defining KPIs and using them to drive performance
- Implementing and continually refining best practice
- Training and coaching managers and teams to provide an amazing service
- Rapidly scaling the team and optimising team structure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading and scaling a sales team, ideally in a fast growing start up
- A track record in delivering against both short and long term targets
- Care deeply about providing excellent customer service
- A passion for developing others (experience developing managers is preferable)
- A data driven approach
- A clear understanding of how to design and implement an outstanding process
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Have a passion for property (e.g. have bought your own property or follow real estate markets)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: £100-140k OTE + Share Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.