Head of Treasury
Head of Treasury
As we scale the business, we are looking for a world class Head of Treasury to join their management team, reporting to the CEO/CFO. The Head of Treasury will act as a functional support to the CFO/CEO on all Treasury matters including cash management, banking, risk exposures & mitigation.
The Head of Treasury will be working with the wider executive team enabling the Board to make strategic and commercial decisions based upon sound financial assumptions and ultimately have the horsepower to really scale a business all the way through to what should be a landmark exit.
Given the nature of the business, the Head of Treasury will have a strong focus on managing capital liquidity, investments, and risk management, as well as forecasting cash flow positions, borrowing needs, and funds available for investment, as well as being responsible for creating and managing a best in class Treasury function.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
The Head of Treasury will:
- Prepare information for Assets and Liabilities Committee (in conjunction with FP&A)
- Forecast daily and weekly funds requirements (both operational and loan investment) and utilisation by funding line/ bank account
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and loan investment requirements
- Oversee maintenance of record of loan ownership
- Allocate loans to the most appropriate funding line based on funding line utilisation, cash drag/ non-utilisation, regulatory requirements, allocation policy, profitability and group strategy
- Determine a hedging strategy to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings
- Maintain banking relationships
- Maintain credit rating agency relationships
- Assist in for equity and debt financing, and when necessary, prepare the Treasury function for a potential IPO
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience operating within a growth, VC funded fintech business (ideally consumer lending) where they have had strong exposure to either debt or equity fundraising.
- Have built and upskilled a finance team with a strong Treasury function.
- Operated in a Financial/regulated services environment
- Demonstrable experience in a high-risk transaction Treasury environment. Acting as a Head of Treasury or of similar seniority is favourable.
- Proven ability to forecast and then manage cashflows whilst also reducing costs and minimising risks
- Extensive track record of managing and establishing treasury relationships with banking partners
- Qualified by the Association of Corporate Treasurers an advantage
- Have experience managing people and getting the very best out of your team
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Have a high attention to detail allied to the ability to contribute strategically.
- Be commercially astute and can quickly assess business priorities and opportunities
- Have a dynamic attitude with high energy and drive
- Bring strong intellectual horsepower and curiosity
- Be a completer finisher
- Have a high degree of presence and personal gravitas in order to liaise with and to influence world class investors and management
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process