Executive Assistant to CEO
Executive Assistant to CEO
As a busy, extremely high-paced CEO, Matt is looking for a determined, smart EA who gets stuff done and can help make him better at what he does. Inbox management and efficient scheduling will be important parts of the job but he is looking for someone who can take on much more than that.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Managing Matt’s calendar. This will involve lots of scheduling but also proactively monitoring to make sure Matt is spending time on the things that matter. If not, it’s your job to flag and fix it.
- Actioning Matt’s inbox. Matt gets 200+ emails a day which require a response. You will help him stay on top of these and ensure he gets back to the right people at the right time.
- Creating leverage for Matt. Taking on the things he can’t do whilst in meetings and owning important projects. This might include last minute fixes to a presentation, briefing a recruiter, writing a job spec or whatever else comes up.
- Providing Matt with a 6th sense. Making sure Matt is on his game all day, every day and spotting the things that are missed. You’ll be able to spot which of his reports need an arm round the shoulder, which priorities have been neglected recently and give feedback on how you think the weekly all-hands went.
- Be able to flag which to-dos are most pressing and can't be left for later. With the business growing as fast as it is, Matt will need a proactive partner to help keep him one-step ahead.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have done this before and be able to make Matt better at his job from day one.
- Must be fast. Matt thinks and operates at 200mph and will need you to keep up.
- Must have high standards and attention to detail.
- Must be driven and go above and beyond.
- Must be able to handle clear, candid feedback.
- Must be able to give clear, candid feedback.
- Must be prepared to challenge Matt or disagree.
- Must want to get better at your job every day.
- Must be able to operate autonomously and with little direction.
- Must have fantastic written and oral communications.
- Must be good with technology. You won't be baffled by an errant printer or take weeks to learn how to use a Mac. (Bonus points if you use new technologies to get better at what you do e.g., Calendly.)
- Must want to work hard.
- Must care about what you do and take pride in your work.
- Must be a genuinely nice person. (NB. This is last precisely because it is not least.)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Salary range: Up to £70k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process