Head of Conveyancing
Head of Conveyancing
As our Head of Conveyancing, you’ll be responsible for assessing conveyancing risk.
Nested is revolutionising the way property is sold, which includes redefining the process for assessing legal risk. We are growing at ~10x a year and our conveyancing capacity will need to grow in line with this. You will be responsible for optimising the conveyancing process and outcomes while managing the team’s capacity in line with our ambitious growth plans.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for exceptional people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
You will report into our Head of Underwriting. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for conducting conveyancing due diligence on properties Nested is looking to underwrite
- Take an informed commercial view on conveyancing matters and propose actionable solutions
- Develop a risk based approach/ framework to conveyancing
- Manage our external conveyancing legal counsel
- Be accountable for the team’s quality of work and underwriting decisions
- Be responsible for team design, capacity planning, and reporting
- Seek and incorporate feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Improve the legal due diligence processes including identifying opportunities through technology
- Manage the advance payment process
Must be/ have
- A conveyancing solicitor or licensed conveyancer or property solicitor with substantial conveyancing experience
- A junior partner or senior associate level
- A minimum of 5- 7 years fee earning conveyancing experience
- In-depth legal knowledge, experience and understanding surrounding property transactions and current industry issues. (GR and lease issues, staircasing and pre-emption agreements)
- Led teams and possess team building and relationship management skills
- Commercially minded and be able to weigh risks
- KYC/AML - working knowledge and understanding
- Experience in completion statements and invoicing
- Adhere to timeframes and deadlines/ targets
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Have an affinity for our target audience
- A passion for all things property
- A network of business contacts in the property market
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That’s why we’re committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or status as an individual with a disability.