We're looking for a content creator to build engaging content that raises awareness of Nested and how we can benefit home sellers in the UK.
As the second hire of the Marketing team this is a hands-on role. You’ll take ownership of all of the content that goes out: from blog posts and guides on our website, to features and interviews for press and other publications. You’ll be writing engaging content, relish the scrappy-ness needed to maximise distribution through owned and earned channels whilst thinking what the really big things we can do drive awareness through content.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We want to give every UK home-owner a fair offer on their home in minutes. We want broken property chains to be a thing of the past. We want to introduce people to an estate agent they can finally trust.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. Our founders have previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Develop a content strategy that’s rooted in customer insight: What problems are our customers trying to solve and how can our content help them?
- Understand our customer buying process and map content to stages of the funnel through awareness, education and conversion
- Invest time in researching and creating genuinely insightful and valuable pieces of content; including detailed guides, customer stories and more to help our customers and to tell the Nested story
- Spread your content far and wide, using existing channels and new ones you’ll introduce
- Set KPIs and measure these to ensure that the content meets its original objective
- Manage our social media day-to-day and insert Nested into the conversation with strong opinions on what we believe
- Run longer term, more strategic projects that will bring a step-change in organic reach for Nested
- Work with these fine people:
We think you’ll probably:
- Have a fine eye for what people actually care about and what genuinely useful content looks like
- Be an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our customers and the press want to talk about
- Value metrics and use data to inform your content strategy
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a very high standard
- Be a creative thinker who brings contrarian and provocative new ideas
- Have ambitious ideas of what more we should be doing and you’re ready to take full ownership of content across owned and earned channels
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- A passion for all things property
- Experience optimising content for search engines and social media
- Experience with HTML and content management systems
- Experience in an early stage start-up
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here