Press & Content Manager
Press & Content Manager
We’re looking for someone to help us dramatically raise awareness of Nested. Thousands of home sellers are missing out on their dream home everyday, and we have the solution they’re looking for.
Your role is to articulate that solution in a compelling way that our customers love to read about and the press can’t not write about and raise awareness of Nested amongst our target market, establishing our brand as the go-to option for a guaranteed home sale.
As the second hire of the Marketing team this is a hands-on role. You’ll have experience of building relationships with the press, writing engaging content and have the scrappy-ness to maximise distribution through owned and earned channels.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Identify who in the press we should have a relationship with, and build those relationships
- Come up with great ideas, from creative social posts to full-blown campaigns
- Craft compelling stories that our customers will love to read and the press can’t not write about
- Spread your content far and wide, using existing channels and new ones you’ll introduce
- Manage our social media day-to-day and insert Nested into the conversation with strong opinions on what we believe
- Work with Rob (Head of Marketing) and also our CEO Matt
We think you’ll probably:
- Have managed relationships with press before, either agency-side or client-side and shown great success in nurturing them for positive outcomes.
- Be an excellent writer, able to spot a compelling story and know exactly how to turn it into something our customers and press want to talk about.
- Be hands-on, proactive and want to get things done quickly, but to a very high standard.
- Be a creative thinker who likes to be provocative with new ideas.
- Have ambitious ideas of what more we should be doing and you’re excited to take full ownership of communications across owned and earned channels
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- A passion for all things property
- Experience in an early stage start-up
- A network of relationships with relevant press contacts
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Apply using the link below or get in touch to learn more about Nested and the role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here