Technical Team Lead
Technical Team Lead
Be part of the team building one of the defining start-ups of our generation, and using technology to fix the housing market and solve a problem affecting a large fraction of all property sales.
Who we are
Nested is a London based company rebuilding the process of selling your home from the ground up, by offering an advance which allows the seller to become chain free and start buying their new home before they've sold the old one. So far we've helped over 100 people secure their dream home. You can read some of their stories here.
That's just the start though. We know there's huge demand for our product, and the challenge now is to scale the company to tap into it. We can't do that without technology.
How do we work
We believe in building things properly. That means using the best tools for the job, by which we mean programming languages and frameworks such as Elixir and React, but also delivery methodologies such as continuous delivery and platforms such as Kubernetes.
More importantly, we believe in making the significant investment needed to keep our stack current and keep tech debt to an absolute minimum. (We really do use Elixir across the whole of our back end by the way.)
We also believe in continually learning from each other and from what we do, for example, through weekly learning sessions. It'd be short-sighted to stick with whatever was in our heads when we all started at Nested - to achieve what we're trying to do requires a lot more than that.
What would you be working on
Day-to-day, there are a number of projects you could be working on. Much of our development effort right now is focused on internal tooling, which we very much treat as a first class citizen: for example, we use the same product development process for the internal tools as we do for the customer facing website.
In any case, whether you're working on tools to help our operations teams provide the legendary standards of services our customers are used to (see out Trustpilot scores here), financial models to help us manage our exposure to risk, or streamlining our customer onboarding process, you'll be part of a small team and will have an immediate impact on the future of Nested.
Sounds interesting and want to hear more before applying? If so, drop Salim from our Talent Team a line. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have or fill in any of the many details we can't really fit in a short job ad.
You can also find out a bit more about the technologies we use on StackShare and also our tech blog which gives you an insight in to how technology gives us superpowers.
- Generous stock options grant, so your hard work literally pays off!
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays) so you can skip the journey in at least one day per week
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Our interview process consists of
- An initial phone screen (30 minutes)
- A more in-depth technical phone screen or face to face (45-60 minutes)
- on-site interview where you'll get to spend time with people you'd be working with day to day. (NB. We understand it's a big ask to take this much time out and don't believe in unpaid labour, so as a small thank you we pay generous expenses.)
We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions, and we won't make you code on a whiteboard!