Property Risk Manager
Property Risk Manager
As our Property Risk Manager, you’ll be responsible for assessing and valuing structural risk of the properties Nested is looking to underwrite and for designing a function that is fit for purpose for scale up.
Nested is revolutionising the way property is sold. We are growing at ~10x a year and our surveying capacity will need to grow in line with this. You will be responsible for optimising the process by which we assess structural risk and incorporating this into property valuations, while managing our surveying capacity in line with our ambitious growth plans.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for exceptional people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
You will report into our Head of Underwriting. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for assessing structural risk for properties Nested is looking to underwrite
- Be responsible for designing the surveying function, capacity planning, and reporting
- Manage the quality of work of external surveying partners
- Manage SLAs with our external surveying partners
- Survey and value risky properties
- Work with valuation team to re- value properties that don’t sell
- Take a commercial view on survey findings and help translate them into monetary terms
- Improve the structural risk due diligence approach and processes, including identifying opportunities arising through technology
- Provide informed views on the market and help the team explore new underwriting opportunities
- Help the underwriting team continuously refine qualification and valuation criteria
- Seek and incorporate feedback from internal and external stakeholders
Must be/ have
- A licensed RICS surveyor with substantial surveying experience in the wider London market, including non- prime property locations
- A minimum of 10- 15 year experience in the London property market
- In-depth surveying knowledge, experience and understanding surrounding the property market
- Led teams and/ or managed panels of surveyors
- Commercially minded and be able to weigh risks
- Adhere to timeframes and deadlines/ targets
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Have an affinity for our target audience
- A passion for all things property
- A network of business contacts in the property market
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That’s why we’re committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or status as an individual with a disability.