Sales Development Associate
Sales Development Associate
We’re looking for someone that can effectively understand how Nested can help solve the challenges faced by potential customers while providing a consistently exceptional experience.
We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing an advance. This enables our customers to solve some of their most stressful personal situations, from securing the house of their dreams to rescuing a broken property chain. This role is the first step of the customer journey.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for exceptional people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
Be the first point of contact for all customers, and the face of Nested. As such, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience for everyone that we interact with. As an early hire, you will have the opportunity to define and improve the qualification process as we continue to scale. You will work closely with our valuation and sales team to optimise the end-to-end customer journey and build an in-depth, nuanced knowledge of the London property market. This is a diverse and important role, which requires great organisation and time-management, an analytical approach, and truly excellent people skills. Specific tasks will include:
- Engaging with all inbound customers, to determine their circumstances and whether Nested is best placed to help
- Carrying out initial desk-top property valuations on a wide range of inbound leads: considering local market conditions and offering a preliminary view on expected sale price
- Articulating the Nested proposition and answering questions regarding our service and process
- Providing high-level valuation and sale advice for properties that fall outside our criteria
You will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business from creating a scalable business model to making important strategic decisions and iterating on best practice methodology.
We are flexible on experience and can shape the role for the right person. However, we think you’ll probably:
- Have a genuine passion for property, and a solid understanding of the London market
- Have exceptional communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner and the ability to build rapport quickly with customers
- Have strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Have experience in a sales or business development team
- Be able to deliver an exceptional level of customer service
- Want to work in an early stage start-up environment. This requires the desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Have work experience in residential property or at a tech startup
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Salary range: £26-35k + Share Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.