Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who will care deeply about understanding our customers. You will have already spent a tremendous amount of energy developing this intuition in other businesses and will want to use your learnings to help shape Nested’s product.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work alongside our Product Designer (Sean), Product Manager (Matt) and the rest of the engineering team + our CEO (Matt) in defining our long and short term design strategy
- Conduct in-depth user research to learn more about our customers wants and needs and find our blind spots
- Interpret data from A/B tests to further fine tune our proposition
- Use your intuition and curiosity to help us build a remarkable customer experience
- Craft compelling wireframes and prototypes, then iterate on them all the way through to final design
By joining the design team at such an early stage in the company's history, you’ll be able to help define and set the the design direction of the company from the outset.
We think you’ll probably:
- Already love our offering and vision and have a decent understanding of our customers
- Be able to take the lead on projects and know when to push yourself to see it through
- Be comfortable working through your ideas from sketch to prototype to final design, sweating the details at every stage
- Have a natural talent for creating both user-friendly and user-focused experiences
- Have a proven track record of designing successful products
- Want to work closely with other designers to help them learn and grow (well there is only one right now but that will change in the future as we grow)
Things which would be useful, but not essential:
- We’re a property company, so it would be great if you loved property as much as we do. Whether that’s browsing through Instagram and drooling over some mid-century interiors or you just love gothic architecture.
- Anywhere north of 5 years of experience in product design would be a bonus too, but we’ll give more credit to your portfolio than the companies you’ve worked at.
Got any questions? Want to know more about the role or team before hitting that red or blue button at the bottom of the page? Get in touch with Phil (CTO) directly by emailing him at email@example.com
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE, ONSITE IN OUR LONDON OFFICE.