Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
We care about design, so much so our first hire was a designer. A year and two rounds of funding later we’re now looking to hire our second designer and boost our team. We’re looking for a senior designer to come into our team to help embed a culture of design across the company. They’ll be able to do this by working not only on our customer facing product, but also our internal tools and brand/style-guide.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home the 2nd most stressful thing you do in your life. Our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and by doing so become one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We want to give every UK home-owner a fair offer on their home in minutes. We want broken chains to be a thing of the past. We want to introduce people to the first estate agent they can trust.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. Our founders have previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the journey.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Design beautiful, clear and friendly user interfaces
- Sit with our development team to ensure your designs are brought to life in the way you intended them to be
- Help embed a design culture across the whole company
- Organise and conduct user studies to test ideas and research problems
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class product experience:
- A strong sense of how to create usable, nicely designed user interfaces
- This is a senior role and therefore we expect you to have experience building digital products or working in a startup
- Experience in handing off and working closely with a development team
- Experience arranging user interviews/research sessions
Things which would be useful, but not essential:
- Interest in print design (We’re an estate agency and you’d be surprised how much stuff still needs to be printed out)
- The ability to write copy would be a great bonus as most of our copywriting is split between the product and marketing teams
- Being a property company it would be great to know you love property even if it’s not as much as we do
Got any questions? Want to know more about the role or team before hitting that red or blue button at the bottom of the page? Get in touch with Phil (CTO) directly by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
This role is full time onsite in our London office.