As a Paralegal in our Legal Operations team you'll be responsible for administering legal case review as part of our underwriting process.
Nested is revolutionising the way property is sold, which includes redefining the process for assessing legal risk. We are growing at ~10x a year and our conveyancing capacity will need to grow in line with this. You will be responsible for optimising the conveyancing process and outcomes while managing the team’s capacity in line with our ambitious growth plans.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for exceptional people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
You will report into our Conveyancing Manager. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for managing the in-house conveyancing process for your assigned cases through rigorous process management
- Provide conveyancing advice to Nested’s valuation team
- Provide conveyancing details to our in- house progression team
- Manage the process of paying out advances on properties
- Liaise effectively with the vendor’s solicitor and ensure that matters are progressed within Nested’s required timelines
- Anticipate and solve problems early in the process
- Make judgement calls on case issues within Nested’s legal risk framework and know when to escalate issues
- Work closely with Nested’s customer facing team so that Nested’s customers can stay informed about the progress their property is making
- Issue contracts to new customers
Must be/ have
- A minimum of 12 months experience as a paralegal in residential property
- Experience in end to end conveyancing including completion statements and invoicing
- Strong administration, reporting and case tracking management skills
- Strong prioritisation, multitasking and organisational skills fulfilling hard deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong research skills
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Have an affinity for our target audience
- A passion for all things property
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That’s why we’re committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or status as an individual with a disability.