Business Operations Associate
Business Operations Associate
As a member of our Business Operations team, you will work closely with the CEO, COO, and other executive team members to drive and enable growth, focusing on our most meaningful operational and strategic problems as Nested scales. You will work across the organisation on a variety of priority topics such as designing new processes to help scale our teams, crafting our proposition for new audiences as we scale, and analysing which cities to launch into after London.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We replace stress with certainty, setting aside an advance which allows sellers to move forward chain free while we sell their old home for the best price. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big - you can read some of our success stories here.
This is just the start. Our founders know what it takes to succeed having previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Reinventing estate agency is a visionary goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. We’re looking for extraordinary people who are excited by this prospect to join the team.
You will work with Head of Business Operations (Colin) to help prioritise the pipeline of projects for the team. Our aim is for you to be autonomous and lead your own projects, and Colin is there to support you and ensure you are able to deliver impact throughout the business. Our hope is that you’ll thrive in this fast moving environment, developing new skills and assuming new responsibilities as Nested scales.
You will work autonomously on a variety of projects, where you will:
- Take on the top problems for the company, gaining exposure to all aspects of Nested while you identify and perform analyses which help us make the right growth choices
- Prove you can move from insight to impact
- Identify, implement and incubate new opportunities that grow the business
- Coach other members of the team, drawing on your experience to increase the effectiveness of your colleagues
We think you’ll probably:
- Have 12+ months experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role, either with leading consultancies or rapidly growing companies
- Excel in seeking problems, analysing data and thinking from first principles
- Work comfortably with a wide range of people and deal with many stakeholders
- Have an ability to turn insight in to impact
- Be a natural communicator, and structure complex ideas in a simple way
- Tackle ambiguity head on and relish the chance to join a fast growing scale up
Things which would be useful but not essential
- Have a passion for property (e.g. have bought your own property or follow real estate markets)
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- 4% employer contribution. We use Welplan as our provider.
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.