Our front-end engineers deliver a world-class user experience, we are growing the team and are on the lookout for talented engineers to work with our designers and product managers on beautiful, modern, usable and maintainable web applications.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs (Check us out on CrunchBase).
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for people excited by the prospect of building something that matters. Learn more about us.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Make breakfast, grab a freshly brewed coffee and join in a quick stand up
- Pair with other engineers on challenging problems, or just to learn something new
- Grab some lunch from nearby Leather Lane and enjoy good conversation over lunch
- Help improve our build process to allow us to deploy as often as possible using the latest tools such as Webpack and CircleCI.
- Spend time with our product managers figuring out the next great product feature and be part of the process
- Chalk up some innovative, scalable tech solutions and have input in some of our major technical decisions - we have many interesting challenges to solve across this diverse business.
- Jot down your ideas for our next innovation/hack day
- Meet in the kitchen for an afternoon snack and drink more coffee, join in the debates on “Which TV show we should be watching next”, “What bands we should go and see” or “Which framework is the best”.. these and more are all hot topics at Nested
- Get back in the zone and write more great code, getting stuff done is one of the best feelings in the world
Meet the Team
Work with some awesome people
Interested in learning more about our tech stack? Rather than clutter up this job spec, check out what we use here on Stackshare.
We think you'll probably:
- Obsessively keep up to date with new tools and techniques.
- Care deeply about building reliable and well-tested systems whilst striving to build products used by millions of people.
- Enjoy being part of a truly autonomous team.
- Have a good eye for design - you know what good looks like
- Be familiar with CI tools - we run a continuous deployment programme here at Nested.
- You’ll have some experience with back-end development, particularly using Elixir
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Experience as part of an engineering team at a fast growing company.
- Keen to get out and about to talk about Nested at tech events and career fairs.
- A keen eye for saving milliseconds here and there.
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- £3000 Equipment Budget with freedom to choose your own kit
- Generous personal development budget (£1,000 per person per year), four dedicated company-wide reading days + another four days focused on your personal growth
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we can help you with that!
Salary range: £40-70k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Got any questions?
- Want to know more about the role or team? Get in touch with Phil (CTO) directly by emailing him at email@example.com
- How does the hiring process work? It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here