We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing an advance on your home sale (typically 95% of what we think we will sell your house for). Therefore valuing accurately and fairly is core to our company’s success and growth potential.
Who we are
No one has ever said anything good about the process of selling a home. Unclear valuations, broken chains and untrustworthy estate agents are just some of the pieces that add up to make selling your home one of the most stressful things you do in your life.
At Nested, our vision is to reinvent this broken system from the ground up and build one of the defining tech companies of our generation. We want to give every UK home-owner a fair offer on their home in minutes. We want broken property chains to be a thing of the past. We want to introduce people to an estate agent they can finally trust.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team. Our founders have previously built GoCardless and Songkick, and we’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
Your goal will be to provide new customers with the most fair and transparent valuation and advance for their home. Specific tasks will include:
- Own the customer valuation process, accurately valuing properties using desk based analysis (comparable analysis, speaking to local estate agents) and visiting the property and local area - you won't be tied to your desk in this role
- Analyse local market dynamics, trends, and property saleability, which form a crucial part of the advance.
- Present valuation recommendations and market liquidity findings for sign-off and discussion
- Apply both a quantitative and qualitative approach to valuation, taking particular consideration of buyer profiles
- Create customer offer letters, which transparently communicate our valuations and local market assessments
- Have an influence in the decisions of how to improve our valuation process, including working with the engineering team to create tools which cut down the lead time between an inbound valuation and making a customer an advance offer
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class team
As an early recruit in this fast growing start up you will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business, from selling properties to strategic decisions.
We think you’ll probably:
- Have both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Want to learn a new set of diverse skills
- Want to learn and develop best in practice property valuation techniques
- Have no problem picking up the phone - this is a hands-on role
- Want to work in a high growth, fun and collaborative start-up environment
- Have a desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for residential property
- Have a good understanding of the London property market
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Work experience in residential property
- Have lived in London for a year or more
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Salary range: £25-35k + Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.