We’re fundamentally changing the way that property is sold by providing a guaranteed minimum price for people’s homes. Therefore valuing accurately and fairly is core to our company’s success and growth potential.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
Your goal will be to provide new customers with the most fair and transparent valuation and guarantee for their home. Specific tasks will include:
- Own the customer valuation process, accurately valuing properties using desk based analysis (comparable analysis, speaking to local estate agents) and visiting the property and local area - you won't be tied to your desk in this role
- Analyse the local market dynamics and trends which form a crucial part of the guarantee
- Make valuation recommendations to James our COO for sign-off;
- Analyse and researching macro residential property trends to improve Nested’s valuation algorithm
- Work with the engineering team to create tools to improve the valuation process and cut down the lead time between an inbound valuation and making a customer a guaranteed offer
- Have an influence in the decisions of how to improve our fast growing company, including significant contributions to the operations process going forwards
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class team
As an early recruit in this fast growing start up you will have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business from selling properties to important strategic decisions.
We think you’ll probably:
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for property
- Want to learn and develop best in practice property valuation techniques
- Have no problem picking up the phone - this is a hands on role
- Be able to show strong analytical skills
- Want to learn a new set of diverse skills
- Want to work in a high growth, fun and collaborative start-up environment. This requires the desire and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
- Have had 1-3 years work experience
- Have a degree from a top university
- Have lived in London for a year or more
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Work experience in residential property
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Apply using the link below or get in touch to learn more about Nested and the role by emailing email@example.com
Up to £30k OTE dependent on experience + options
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here