The Relationship Manager's role is to win and maintain new business. This involves guiding the customer through the Nested journey from communicating our initial evaluation of their property through to bringing their home to the market. As a Relationship Manager, you’ll be working with all members of the Operations team to deliver a tailored solution to people who want to sell their home with certainty and for the best possible price.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
This role is varied, on a day-to-day basis you will:
- Establish a deep understanding of each customer’s requirements and act as a trusted advisor to match the appropriate features of the Nested model to meet those needs.
- Be the bridge between our Underwriting team and the customer by communicating our data-driven market research, property valuation and Nested guarantee in an easily digestible way.
- Act as the face of Nested. You'll be visiting our customers in their homes with a focus on developing the relationship and carrying out a final appraisal of the property.
- Share your objective view of the saleability of customer properties with our Underwriting team, enabling them to confirm final figures and guarantees which you will then communicate to the customer.
- Offer practical advice on how our customers can best present their property to market and work with our Agency team to propose the marketing strategy which will maximise the customer’s outcome.
- Provide a WOW experience - managing client expectations, discussing customer queries, overcoming objections, and ultimately closing new business.
- Be stationed at our Clerkenwell HQ, but regularly heading out of the office to meet with new customers and carry out elementary visual inspections on their properties.
- Explain and drafting tailored customer contracts, ensuring we comply with Anti Money Laundering legislation and liaising with third parties to get an objective view of the property.
- Work in a high-performing and fast-growing team of Client Managers and Sales Associates. As a values-based company, your performance will be measured against both customer satisfaction scores and more traditional targets.
We think you’ll probably:
- 2+ years in a professional working environment (ideally consultative sales, financial services, management consultancy, technology corporate, or startup)
- Eagerness to gain experience in a sales role with a clear focus on customer service.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills - a balance of discipline and flexibility.
- Desire to act with integrity and be a trusted advisor - putting the customer first and living the Nested values.
- Hunger and willingness to learn in a rapidly evolving business.
- Appetite and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and do whatever it takes to make this happen.
Things which would be nice-to-haves:
- Genuine interest in the property market and the various dynamics that influence it.
- Be entrepreneurial
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
Start date: We will be begin hiring for this role at the end of February with the intention of candidates to start in May 2018. Please let us know if your timescales are more urgent than this.
Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take 2mins to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here https://nested.com/hiring-process