Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager's role is to win new business. This involves both in-person and over-the-phone sales. Being the face of Nested, the Business Development Manager will provide an excellent experience to every customer. You will work with all members of the Operations team to deliver a tailored solution to people who want to sell their home for the best price and with certainty.
Who we are
We’re an ambitious team with big plans. Our goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems crazy that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick, are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and have raised just shy of £50 million from Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
This role is varied, on a day-to-day basis you will:
- Provide a WOW experience - offering impartial advice, handling customer expectations, discussing customer queries, overcoming objections, and ultimately closing new business
- Establish a deep understanding of each customer’s requirements and act as a trusted advisor to match the appropriate features of the Nested model to meet those needs
- Be the face of Nested. You'll be visiting our customers in their homes with a focus on developing the relationship and carrying out a final appraisal of the property
- Offer advice on how our customers can optimally present their property to the market and work with our Agency team to propose the marketing strategy which will get them the best price
- Share your objective view of the saleability of customer properties with our Underwriting team, enabling them to confirm final figures and advance amount which you will then communicate to the customer
- Be stationed at our Clerkenwell HQ, but regularly heading out of the office to meet with new customers and carry out elementary visual inspections on their properties
- Efficiently deliver our Sales Associates the information to negotiate the best possible sale price, whilst still being a point of contact for the customer when required
You will have:
- 3+ years experience in a sales role (preferably in face-to-face sales in a start-up / high growth environment)
- Genuine interest in the unique solution that Nested is providing to our customers
- Eagerness to gain further experience in a sales role in the property industry
- Desire to act with integrity and be a trusted advisor - putting the customer first and living the Nested values
- Organisational and prioritisation skills - a balance of discipline and flexibility
- Hunger and willingness to learn in a rapidly evolving business
- Appetite and ability to get things done and the willingness to work hard and go above and beyond to make this happen
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget for equipment
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well 😊
Salary range: £50-70k OTE + Share Options. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. In these situations planned ranges go out the window. If you think that might be the case, please apply and just let us know in the application form.Finally, if all the above sounds good then please take two minutes to familiarise yourself with our hiring process. It's pretty thorough and ensures we're confident in every hire. Please take a look at how it works here
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.